Monday 18 August 2014

Shahid Kapoor: Haider is the most difficult role I have done



Shahid Kapoor is gearing up to shock his fans in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Haider. Though the film through its promos looks very different, Shahid is sure his loyal young fans are willing for something unique. “Youth is ready for something new,” he said. He further added, “Kashmir is a huge part of our history. I have read Hamlet in school. As a narrative it could be a bit boring, but Vishal’s adaptation of it, is so contemporary, relative and different.”

Shahid is sporting a close crop in the films. He jokes about chopping his mane, “I had very long hair in Kaminey. Vishal sir would ghet annoyed because I would be making it. At that point, some five years back, somewhere then he decided whenever he’d cast me it would be without hair. So when he came to me with Haider, he made it clear that I had to go bald. Haider is the most difficult role I have done in my career. There are some films actors do for box office and there are certain films you make from your heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment